Dental Hygienistsat Dentalcare Hook
Why make an appointment to see Dental Hygienists
Our dental hygienists, together with your regular dentist and your brushing routine at home all help to keep your teeth, gums and mouth healthy and this in turn helps to promote your general health and well-being.
Hygienists pay particular attention to the health of your gums and the hygiene of your mouth. We recommend visiting your hygienist twice a year and this enables your hygienist not only to treat any staining to your teeth but can help to identify and treat any other issues quickly.
Different conditions that Dental Hygienists treat
Here are some of the different aspects that hygienists can treat at Dentalcare Hook:
- Scaling and polishing your teeth to remove hardened plaque. This makes your teeth look more attractive and can prevent any further build up
- Removing stains from your teeth. We offer an Airflow polish which gently but effectively clean stains from teeth to give them a brighter, whiter look
- Identifying and treating initial stages of gum disease known as gingivitis and periodontitis and preventing further infection or tooth loss
- Educating and providing information about diet, brushing, flossing and lifestyle that can affect your teeth, oral and general health.
Our affordable hygiene plan
Our Hygiene Plan provides affordable, accessible hygiene appointments whether you are a patient with the NHS or a private patient:
Affordable Hygiene Plan
- 30 minute Hygiene appointments
- 2 per year
- 10% discount on Home Teeth Whitening Fees**
** Subject to suitability
Book your appointment for Dental Hygienists
Airflow Polish in Dentalcare Hook
We are proud to offer the latest in teeth cleaning. Airflow expertly removes staining caused by smoking, food and drink such as coffee and red wine by using a fine jet of compressed air, water and fine powder particles.
If you suffer with persistent stains to your teeth or if you have a build-up of plaque on your teeth, Airflow will remove these quickly and easily to bring back the sparkle to your teeth.
Airflow is strong but gentle and because there is no direct contact with your teeth, this is a good option to have your teeth professionally cleaned if you suffer with sensitive teeth.
What dental hygienists at Dentalcare Hook can offer you
At Dentalcare Hook our dental hygienists:
- Give personal and individual support. We assess and treat each patient differently and make recommendations that are right for you
- We welcome all patients of all ages including children. We believe it is vital to educate and promote good oral health to all
- Our hygienists will see you at a time which is convenient to you including early, late and weekend options.
Frequently asked questions about dental hygiene
How often should I see they hygienist?
We recommend seeing your dental hygienist twice a year, however if you suffer with gum disease or if you are at risk of gum disease or if you have any other persistent issues with your oral hygiene or gums, then you may need more frequent appointments. Your dental hygienist will tell you when you should next book an appointment.
Does it hurt to get a scale and polish?
Not normally, no. However, you may experience some discomfort if you have sensitive teeth or gums and, in this instance, we would recommend that you opt to have your teeth cleaned using Airflow which is a far gentler process.
How can I prevent gum disease?
By taking good care of your teeth and gums. This means paying particular attention to your oral hygiene routine – brushing thoroughly for twice a day particularly before you go to bed. You should floss between your teeth and ensure that you are brushing all the way do the gum line. You should also visit your dentist and hygienist twice a year to ensure that your teeth and gums stay healthy.