Dental Implantsat Dentalcare Hook
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are used to support one or more false teeth. Unlike dentures, these false teeth are permanent as they are embedded into your gum and they look and feel just like your usual teeth.
Dental implants are made up of three parts. Firstly, there is a titanium rod which is gently inserted into your jawbone and this acts as your new tooth root. The second part is the abutment or post which connects to the rod and this sits in the gum. The final part is the crown, and this acts as your new replacement tooth and this is the part that is visible when you smile or open your mouth.
Types of Dental Implants in Hook
At Dentalcare Hook, we offer different types of dental implants.
A single dental implant can be used to replace one missing tooth, or we can offer several dental implants to replace more than one gap or missing teeth.
If you have multiple missing teeth or no teeth at all, we can offer a process called all-on-4 dental implants. This is where just 4 dental implants are used to support a full range of new teeth. This type of dental implant is highly cost effective if you have many missing or failing teeth and it can mean a faster healing time as opposed to having several single dental implants.
Find out which type is best suited to you by booking a consultation.
Benefits of Dental Implants
There are many benefits to having dental implants fitted at Dentalcare Hook:
- Dental implants are custom made to match the colour of your other remaining teeth, so they look and feel natural
- Smile again and boost your confidence with dental implants
- Dental implants can help to protect the health and longevity of adjacent teeth
- Dental implants can help overcome any pain that missing teeth may have previously given you
- Our dental implants coordinator is on hand to offer dedicated support
- With dental implants, there’s no need for dentures that can be uncomfortable or ill-fitting, dental implants are permanent replacements for missing teeth
- You can eat all your favourite foods and speak naturally with dental implants
- With care, dental implants will last a long time and certainly longer than any other form of false teeth, so they are cost-effective
- At Dentalcare Hook, we use the latest technology to analyse your teeth and create the best solution for you
Book a consultation at Dentalcare Hook, we will be delighted to tell you more about dental implants, the process and what dental implants can do for you.
Frequently asked questions about Dental Implants
How long do dental implants take to get fitted?
This varies according to each patient. It will depend upon how many teeth you wish to replace, and your dentist will need to consider the health of your gums and any remaining teeth. Some dental implants can be fitted within the same day, other more complex cases, can take months if your bones and gums need more attention.
Can I get dental implants on the NHS?
Mostly dental implants are seen a cosmetic dental procedure. Occasionally patients may get dental implants on the NHS if they are unable to wear a denture and have had their teeth knocked out due to trauma or accident.
Do dental implants hurt?
Dental implants is a detailed procedure as it involves surgery to your jawbone. You will be given a local anaesthetic to your gum so that you will not feel a thing during the procedure. Your mouth and gums may feel sore once the anaesthetic wears off, but this should all settle down within days. You should not feel any pain at all once the implants have been fitted and you can enjoy life as normal.